The manufacturer warrants to the original purchaser for a product purchased in its original state from a distributor, business partner or authorized dealer that this product will be free from defects in material, fabrication, laminating and assembly, machining, size and classification. This flooring product comes with a limited residential and light commercial pro rata warranty for the period indicated on the packaging. A pro rata warranty is one that provides for a resolution to an accepted claim that decreases according to a set formula: Original Warranty Period less Years from Purchase Date, divided by the Original Warranty Period. The warranty does not apply if the damages are caused by improper installation according to the installation instructions, improper surface preparation, improper storage, improper handling, normal wear, excessive or inadequate relative humidity in the area of installation, improper maintenance.
Furthermore, damages resulting from any indentation, scratch, stain or damage caused by the lack of proper maintenance, abuse, neglect, fire, high or low excessive moisture, a severe exposure to the sun, cleaning with a wet mop, narrow tipped heels, erosion, stones, sand or other abrasives, pets, insects or insufficient protection under the furniture are not covered by this warranty. Normal exposure to sunlight will cause discoloration to your floor.
For any warranty issue, please refer to the original point of purchase with your sales receipt. Installation implies acceptance. No warranty will be offered for visual defects once installed. In the event a claim is accepted, we reserve the right to repair or replace the damaged area of the floor. We will assume material cost only (no incidental, labor or installation costs) and in the case where the exact purchased product is no longer available, we reserve the right to replace it with an equivalent value product available. For any claims under this Warranty, the above remedy is the sole and exclusive recourse offered to the customer.
The following conditions are NOT covered by this warranty:
- Damage due to improper transportation, storage, installation, extreme indoor conditions (extreme heat, dryness or moisture) extreme sunlight or any other causes, are not covered.
- Failures due to structural changes or defects in the subfloor, (settling of the building or an uneven subfloor that has not been properly leveled as per the instructions), are not covered.
- It is natural, due to the inherent properties of the vinyl that some minor contraction and expansion might occur. These occurrences and/or visual changes are considered normal and are not considered to be a defect.
- Any product deviation that is visible at a certain angle is not covered, only defects that are visible at a reasonable vertical distance (normal standing height) will be considered.
- This warranty excludes any indentations, scratches or surface damage caused by abuse, lack of proper maintenance, misuse, negligence, accidents, spike-heeled shoes, insects, water, wet-mopping, sand or other abrasives.
- Normal exposure to sunlight will cause subtle changes in the shading of any flooring product as the floor ages. This is not a product defect.
- Change in gloss level is not considered a defect.
- If floor is different from samples or printed material in shade color or structure.
- If floor is installed over improper subfloor or radiant heat in excess of 29.4ºC (85ºF).
- Any changes due to flooring reaching temperature in excess of 29.4ºC (85ºF) through UV / exposure sunlight for a prolong period.